Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Quarter 3 Math Exam Study Guide

Quarter 3 Math Exam Study Guide

The Quarter 3 Math Exam will focus on Chapters 9-12. We are continuing Chapter 12 through next week so anything we don't finish or I don't feel the students understand adequately will not be tested on the exam.

Unit 4 Division of Whole Numbers

Chapter 9: Divide by one digit divisors

Lesson 9.1 Three digit quotients

*I can use divide a three digit number by a one digit number.


Lesson 9.2 Place the first digit of the quotient

*I can decide where to write the first digit in the quotient


Lesson 9.3 Divide money

*I can divide money amounts
Vocabulary: quotient


Lesson 9.4 Zeros in the Quotient

*I can decide when to place zeros in the quotient
Vocabulary: product


Lesson 9.5 Problem solving strategy: Work backward

*I can work backward to solve a problem


Lesson 9.6 Divide greater numbers

*I can divide greater numbers


Chapter 10: Number Theory and Averages

Lesson 10.1 Factors and Multiples
Vocabulary: factors, multiples
*I can find factors and multiples of whole numbers.


Lesson 10.2 Prime and Composite Numbers

Vocabulary: prime number, composite number, prime factors, factor tree
*I can tell if a number is prime or composite.
* I can use factor trees to find the prime factors of composite numbers.

 Lesson 10.5 Find Averages

Vocabulary: average
*I can find the average of a group of numbers.

Chapter 11: Divide by two digit divisors

Lesson 11.1 Divide by Multiples of 10

Vocabulary: quotient
*I can use division facts to divide by multiples of 10

Lesson 11.2 Estimate Quotients

*I can estimate quotients

Lesson 11.4 One Digit Quotients

Vocabulary: dividend
*I can divide when the quotient has one digit

Lesson 11.5 Two Digit Quotients

*I can divide when the quotient has two digits

Lesson 11.6 Adjust the Quotient

*I can adjust an estimate of the quotient to divide

Lesson 11.7 Problem Solving Decision: Multistep Problems

*I can solve multistep problems
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEjHUpegNUf8mbfFQMCd2ahGYz5gV0-BWaGKMnhqZza7T3JHruO2L1BXVA3LE8HSTJXVA5eN_ynDeIiP-PuqYt25KjIJfw0C_TYuBIdxJXqM1OrRGjqKo36ByMQ1VDChuvXvo7VOEMsiY6q4ZeYZH7kqB-Dz9uEqthUM7PEY=s0-d-e1-ft

Unit 5 Measurement and Graphing
Chapter 12: Customary and Metric Measurement

Lesson 12.1 Explore Customary Units of Length

Vocabulary: inch (in.), half inch, quarter inch, eighth inch
*I can estimate and measure lengths, using an inch ruler

Lesson 12.2 Inch, Foot, Yard, Mile

Vocabulary: foot (ft.), yard (yd.), mile (mi)
*I can change units of length

Lesson 12.3 Customary Units of Capacity

Vocabulary: gallons (gal), quarters (qt), pints (pt), cups (c), capacity
*I can change units of capacity

Lesson 12.4 Customary Units of Weight

Vocabulary: ounces (oz), pounds (lb), tons (T), weight
*I can estimate and measure, using customary units of weight

Lesson 12.6 Explore Metric Units of Length

Vocabulary: centimeter (cm), millimeter (mm)
*I can estimate and measure lengths using a centimeter ruler

Lesson 12.7 Metric Units of Length

Vocabulary: decimeter (dm), meter (m), kilometer (km)
*I can change metric units of length



No comments:

Post a Comment